Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information that you give us through our websites or our online services. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
Types Of Personal Data
Generally, we collect personal data that is linked to an individual. For example, an individual’s name, address, phone number and email address. This is not an exhaustive list and we may collect other types of personal data from you.
Apart from personal data, we may collect other types of information which is not linked to an individual and which is anonymous. For example, the number of website visitors and the number of website users using a particular service. In this way, we hope to improve our customer services.
Purpose For Collection, Processing And Disclosure Of Personal Data
Generally, personal data is collected for the following purposes:
1. providing a service and / or a product to you;
2. legal compliance on our part under applicable laws.
Processing and disclosure
“We may process and disclose personal data with and to group companies or business partners or third party service providers, for the purposes stated above.
In addition, there may be circumstances under applicable laws where we are permitted to collect, process and disclose personal data without your consent.”
Transfer Of Personal Data Overseas
To the extent that we may need to transfer personal data outside of Singapore, whether to our group companies or business partners or third party service providers or simply to data storage facilities, we shall do so in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act, 2012 (“PDPA”) to ensure that we provide a standard of protection that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
Generally, when we request for personal data in the course of providing you a service and / or product and you provide use with such personal data, there is implied consent that you agree to provide us with personal data in order for us to provide you with the requested service and / or product.
In some circumstances and as required by applicable laws, we will seek your express consent when collecting your personal data. For example, where there are new purposes for the use of your personal data, we will seek your fresh consent.
In addition, you are able to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us (see Section on Contact Us).
Situations Not Requiring Consent
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party, without your consent except in the following circumstances:
1. we may share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website or we may tell our business partners the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions; and / or
2. as permitted under the laws of Singapore
Access And Correction
You are entitled to certain access and correction rights to your personal data. We may charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service. In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to deny you access to your personal data and may provide an explanation as required by applicable laws.
Personal data will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal data and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Security is our top priority. EC (Proprietary Traders) and/or its member companies will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that EC Proprietary Traders will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in Singapore concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
We endeavour to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests. You are responsible to ensure that your User ID and/or Password are not compromised by knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Failure to do so exposes you to the risks of fraud and loss. EC (Proprietary Traders) and/or its member companies will not be responsible for losses suffered by customers as a result of:
1. input errors or misuse of its internet services;
2. negligent handling or sharing of Password;
3. leaving a computer unattended during an online session;
4. failure to immediately report known accidents of unauthorized account access.
EC (Proprietary Traders) Pte Ltd will never ask you for your Password, in order to ensure that you are the only person who knows this information.
1. You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Do not share your User ID and Password with anyone or write them down, as you are responsible for all transactions undertaken with your User ID andPassword.
2. Ensure that no one can see your Password when you log in to our system.
3. When choosing your Password, do not create it using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number, a recognisable part of your name, spouse’s name, dictionary words, common character sequences such as “23456” license plate number, passport number,social security number. The user-chosen password must have at least six (6) characters and are best recommended to be alphanumeric.
4. Change your Password regularly. Do not recycle your recently used Password.
5. The same Password should not be used for different websites, applications or services particularly when you relate to different entities.
6. Do not select the option on your browser for storing or retaining User ID and Password.
7. If you think your User ID and/or password has been disclosed to a third party, is lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
8. You should logout of your online trading session when you have completed your online trading transactions or when you need to walk away from your computer even for just a while. Do not leave your computer unattended while online trading transactions are being processed.
Security Measures to prevent keystrokes being captured
It is advisable to take the necessary precautions to protect your personal computer against viruses and other malicious programs. Besides damaging and/or destroying data, viruses and malicious programs can capture your Password keystrokes and other personal information and send them to another person without your consent. Some precautions to take include:
1. Ensure that you install an effective personal firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware as well as anti-Trojan horse software. These should be updated regularly.
2. Do not download any software from a website that is of doubtful origin.
3. Do not open any email or attachment that is from a source unknown to you. When in doubt, delete such email without opening it.
Alert on Phishing
There are many fraud cases connected with the scam known as ‘phishing’. The scam makes use of unsolicited emails and/or fraudulent websites to trick people into disclosing confidential personal details such as user-names and passwords.
Techniques used include, but are not limited to:
1. Using false email address, logos and graphics to mislead people into accepting the validity of emails and websites;
2. Faking domain names to appear as if they represent the actual companies.
3. Duping people into providing personal details through one or more methods such as hyperlinks to fake websites or embedded forms in emails.
Clearing your cache
We strongly advise that you clear your browser’s disk cache after each online trading session.
Cache files on a computer can retain images of data sent or received over the Internet, making them a potential target for a system intruder.
A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. The information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most frequently. This traffic information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier. If you wish to reject our cookie, you can configure your browser to do so. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
Hyperlinks from EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd to Third Party Websites
EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd and/or its member companies are not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to the Website. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties who are not affiliated with or in any way related to EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd and/or its member companies. Access to and use of such other websites is at the user’s own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use.
By providing hyperlinks to a third party website or webpage, EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd and/or its member companies shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend,approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the services/products they provide on their websites, or to have any form of cooperation with such third parties and websites unless otherwise stated by EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd and/or its member companies.
We are not in any way responsible for the content of any third partywebsite or webpage. EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd and/or its member companies is/are not a party/parties to any contractual arrangements entered into between you and the provider of the third party website unless otherwise expressly specified or agreed to by EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd and/or itsmember companies.
Any links to websites that contain downloadable software are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for any difficulties you may encounter in downloading the software or for any consequences from your doing so. Please remember that the use of any software downloaded from the Internet maybe governed by a licence agreement and your failure to observe the terms of such licence agreement may result in an infringement of intellectual property rights of the relevant software provider, which we are not in any way responsible.
Email messages sent to EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd or any of its member companies over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd will not be responsible for any damages incurred by users if they send a message to EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd or any of its member companies, or if EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd or any of its member companies sends a message to them at their request,over the Internet. EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd or any of its member companies are not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this Website.
Transmission Over The Internet
Due to the nature of the Internet, transactions may be subject to interruption, interception, transmission blackout, delayed transmission and incorrect data transmission. Regardless of any security measures taken by us, EC Proprietary Traders Pte Ltd and/or its member companies shall assume no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or expense resulting from such delays, interruptions and/or interceptions.
We do not represent or warrant that the Website will be available and meet your requirements, that access will not be interrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system.
You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses orother destructive properties. We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the website.
English Version to Prevail
If there are inconsistencies in meaning between the English version of these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions as may be translated into any other language, the English version shall prevail.
Data Protection Officer
Phone : +65
E-mail : email@example.com
Mail : EC (Proprietary Traders) Pte Ltd
33B Mosque Street,
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal data.
IMPORTANT: By accessing this website and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above.